Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Believing that love can fit anywhere...

Well, this is my first post. I feel like I need to explain a little bit on why I chose this name, and why I choose to blog about it. It starts out with meeting my husband....

When I met my husband, he owned a condo. It was a 1 bedroom, 1 bath. It was perfect for just us 2. Over the years he upgraded the kitchen, and upgraded the flooring, but in reality it wasn't a place to raise a family. Less than a year after getting married I got pregnant; we needed to find somewhere to live that would "fit" our growing family. We had a really hard time selling our condo-the whole process took 8 months, and I was 6 months pregnant. We took a huge loss on our house, and in hindsight we really needed that money for our next house. We were in "temp" housing at this point, a 1 bed 1 bath apartment across the street from where our condo was.

In the beginning, we were looking for a 4 bedroom with a finished basement. The market was really competitive in my area, and it was very stressful and discouraging. There was a few times where I remember crying over a house because it was under contract or I was just frustrated. Around a month after we sold our condo, we finally found a house. We put an offer in, they accepted, and we were under contract. Great! Now, we need to get through inspections...They found mold EVERYWHERE in the attic. We had to back out of the contract, and accept our losses. After that, we stopped looking and agreed to concentrate on our family. That's when we decided that I stay home and raise our children. 2 months later I had Miss Claire, and we've been happy since.

We recently started to look again for a house for something more practical- a 3 bedroom with a flat backyard. Sadly, the market seemed to be worse this time, and we weren't able to find our "forever home". We signed another 12 month lease in the same apartments, but will be moving into a 2 bedroom now, at the end of this month.

I chose the name "Love Fits Anywhere", because it truly can. Whether your in an apartment, townhouse or small house, you can and WILL make it work, and make the best of it. I feel compelled to write about my journey, and give tips on how to space save, declutter and organize your "stuff" to fit your home. I also like crafts (DIY and sewing) and will be writing a few posts about science related topics, so you'll see that thrown in there too.

I have this hanging up in my living room, and I live by this saying everyday.


Since we've had Claire, our lives have been filled with light. The name Claire, means "light, bright, clear", and she really has done that. She is truly lighting our way. To me, a house is just a house. It's the people in it that make it a home, and being in our 1 bedroom apartment has made it feel like "home".

Rachel Anne



No comments:

Post a Comment