Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Claire's BIG Weekend



For Claire's birthday we ended up going to Sesame Place for the day. It took her a little while to warm up to the water, but she eventually loved the splash area and wading pool for the little kids.







She even got to meet Ernie
And ride on the carousel!

We ended up staying at my mother-in-laws since
that's where her party was going to be the next day. I was scatter brained half the day- picking up last minute things for the party (that I forgot at home). But, everything turned out good, and everyone came for her big day.
I'm really impressed by my skills, and how beautiful it turned out to be. The weather was perfect, and everything looked magical. I'm definitely posting these photos on Pinterest to give ideas to other people. Her theme was "Paris in Springtime", with a little bit of Marie from the Aristocats mixed in. Claire loves cats, and was her first word, so I figured why not throw it in. We had the surround system hooked up, and was playing cool Jazz throughout outside and inside. It was like stepping into Paris during the 20's.


My mother-in-laws front yard on the lake with all of the decorations

centerpieces- Iberis in "pink ice" with cut outs on sticks.

The allergy-free candy bar with cookies


The food table




Our first family photo

It's a bitter sweet moment that my baby isn't a baby anymore, but I know that this is a new chapter in my life, and in hers. I cant believe she's walking and starting to talk, it's really unbelievable how time is so quick. This time last year, this is what she looked like- a tiny, helpless little newborn, barely over 7 lbs. Now she's a 30 inch, 21 lb toddler.

Rachel Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment